At Oncacare we consider it is of paramount importance to integrate the voice of the patient and family or caregiver into the clinical trial process to ensure patient engagement and retention throughout the cancer trial. They provide a crucial link between the clinical team members and research team, developing a very personal one to one relationship and a 'go to' person whenever needed.
Thinking about becoming a patient volunteer and participating in a clinical trial?
Clinical research is everybody's business. It touches us all. Even if we have never been involved in research, even if we have never even heard of research, it affects us. Modern healthcare is built on research. Every tablet that is prescribed, every treatment that is given, every test that is performed, every aspect of the care that makes modern medicine so remarkable, has first to be discovered, and then thoroughly evaluated, before it can be put into practice.
Good cancer research allows us to gather good evidence, which in turn, allows us to develop novel and new cancer treatments.
We need people like you to help us make a difference and develop new medicines.
If you enrol on a trial you will be assured to know that:
- Patient care is at the heart of everything we do
- Patients play an active role in their own health care with access to new research treatments
- All our qualified research physicians and nurses are ICH GCP certified
- We are ethically approved, rigorously monitored and audited
- Our medical screening programme means patients obtain free medical care during the trial
- Regular monitoring and all test results are shared with the patient’s oncologist
- Patients can express an interest without committing to a study
- Patients are free to withdraw at any time without giving a reason.
'At Oncacare we are committed to putting the patient at the heart of everything we do, providing an outstanding experience and outcome for our patients and their families.'
Patient Centricity Director - Oncacare
Our medical staff are passionate about ensuring our patients have the highest quality of care and making sure that they carry out efficient clinical research. By making a difference for patients and giving them dedicated doctor patient time, we recognise the invaluable contribution patients make to the approval of new cancer medications.
Join a current cancer study
We have many opportunities for cancer patients to participate in current trials.
Please click, and complete the form with your information. Our team will then follow up with you to ascertain which cancer trials may be suitable for you to consider.Study opportunities